1. Select the layer icon from the toolbar
2. Click on the + to create a new layer
3. Enter a name for your layer and click OK
4. To set the permissions from your layer, unless your permissions are private or public by default, click on Edit.
5. Select the permissions for this layer (1) and if you want it to be available through out the entire folder (2)
6. To add markups to this layer, click on the markup that you want to add and click on layer.
7. Select the layer you want this markup to be associated to, the name of the layer will appear above the markup once it has been added
8. When finished, click on Done.